Monday, July 30, 2012

My Dinner Diary: Week 10

Monday, July 23, 2012
The only good thing about my husband going out of town is that he takes the family out to eat upon his return.  My hubby got home a bit earlier from work today, and though I had an idea for dinner, I was excited when I remembered that he owed us a dinner.  We chose Amy's on the Bay since I loved it so much the last time we tried it for the first time.  The outside seating was closed so we sat in a booth this time.  The Monkey was actually quite good with no major outbursts.  And another positive was that he ate!  He loved my hubby's clam chowder and ate most of it.  He also chowed down on his Captain's plate of fried seafood.  I don't love that he was eating breaded and fried food, but I am happy that he tried different things, and kalamari nonetheless.  That is a real improvement.  I tried the Baked True Alaskan Cod (I think that was the name of the dish).  It was cod in a highly flavored tomato soup.  I also had a green salad with honey mustard and seasoned red potatoes.  I was quite satisfied and had leftovers.  After, we stopped at the new frozen yogurt shop in town for a treat.  I really like frozen yogurt, but it seems sooo expensive.  My hubby LOVES frozen yogurt so he doesn't care about the price.  But, I'd rather make it at home in our ice cream maker.  

Tuesday, July 24, 2012
If you're in Utah and parts of Idaho, Happy Pioneer Day!  What a gorgeous day.  We went to story time at the library and then to the beach right there with my friend and her boy the Monkey's age.  They had a blast playing together in the sand and water and I enjoyed chatting and being outside.  My hubby got home earlier from work and we really enjoyed having time together.  I loved being able to make dinner without a monkey screaming for my attention.  We enjoyed tuna pasta, kale chips, carrots sticks, and a green smoothie.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Another sunny day.  I was able to watch a couple kids for a few hours in the afternoon.  We packed a lunch and played at the lake.  The Monkey loved having other kids to play with and he got more adventurous in the water.  I made Southwest Quinoa for dinner then went to mutual night at church.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Can you believe it was sunny and warm again.  Today I got a few friends together to play at Horseshoe Lake.  I took my Southwest Quinoa, some home made muffins, fruit, and trail mix to share.  The Monkey had his friend D.H. to play with.  They sure are getting along well.  After lunch I even got in the water for a short time.  That's a big deal for me, but I'm so in love with my new swim shorts I had to try them out.  In the later afternoon I picked up my hubby from work so we could make it to Costco then to my good friend T's birthday celebration.  She made super yummy desserts.  Again, the Monkey had friends to play with and I was able to have adult conversation.  Oh, so for dinner, it was leftover Southwest Quinoa and I ate half a PB&J sandwich.  Good thing I had so much quinoa salad and that I like it.  

Friday, July 27, 2012

My hubby only worked half a day.  After picking him up from work we ran a few errands then enjoyed a nap while the Monkey was napping.  The Monkey continued to sleep so I was able to get some cleaning done (my bathrooms...yikes!).  We made pizza for dinner with our usual toppings (peppers, pineapple, spinach, tomato and mushrooms and olives for my hubby).  After we took a walk to the beach with fishing poles in hand.  The Monkey thinks fishing means catching seaweed.  But, my hubby did catch a small fish that he released.  

Saturday, July 28, 2012
This was one of those days I wish I could do over.  My little Monkey had his first really big accident.  While my hubby was helping out at my brother's I took his kids and the Monkey to my parents to hang out.  Within 5 minutes of being there the Monkey had been accidentally kicked in the back while walking in front of his cousin on the swing and fell teeth first into the rocks that circled the fire pit.  Yeah, he's got quite the fat lip and a few teeth were affected.  After putting on "The Monkey" (Curious George) he calmed down and continued to play.  With my hubby coming back later than expected and the accident I was not willing to think about dinner or eating "healthy."  We went to Kami Teriyaki for the yummiest teriyaki I have found.  I did try the stir fry vegetables instead of just rice and meat.  But, seriously, if you're looking for whole foods, not the best choice.  My hubby reminds me that a 90% is still an A.  I need to hear that sometimes.

Sunday, July 29, 2012
The Monkey and I stayed home from church today.  He woke up early and still wouldn't eat anything.  My mom emotions were high.  I was so thankful for my hubby for pinch hitting for the Sunday school class I was supposed to have substitute taught.  He's the best.  While the Monkey took a little nap on the couch I sneaked downstairs to prepare the pizza toppings and salad for our friends who coming to visit from out of town.  Thankfully I still had some pre-made pizza dough and home made pizza sauce frozen.  The food turned out good and it was so nice to visit with my old friend and her family.  My hubby also made delicious frozen yogurt that we topped with fresh rasberries.  And the Monkey is eating and drinking again!  He fell asleep in the stroller on our way back from our walk to the beach and decided he was finally hungry enough to figure out he could eat with his molars and not hurt his front teeth (it had been over 24 hours since he'd eaten).  All is well!

1 comment:

Mishqueen said...

I wondered where you were yesterday! So sorry to hear about the owie. So are his teeth loose, or just painful? Poor baby!